Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a door hinge for my 88 troop...I removed the spring(it stop the popping!) but now its sagging :( it did it before with the old hinges...now shes doing it again :x
by the way I need the top driver side hinge
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
I just bought some from the dealer for my pickup. Probably just the top hinge that needs replacing. I think it was about $30 new.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm I tried contacting jlemond but he never replied, may be hes busy?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
If you need the top left hinge, the bottom right hinge @ the back door is the same one. Usually the back doors are not worn as bad as the front. If the hinge is popping it is usually the pin gets bent and you can straighten them with a press not much you can do about sagging. DAVE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
outofrshell said:
If you need the top left hinge, the bottom right hinge @ the back door is the same one. Usually the back doors are not worn as bad as the front. If the hinge is popping it is usually the pin gets bent and you can straighten them with a press not much you can do about sagging. DAVE
problem is I have no back door :lol:
but Ill defiantly keep that in mind tho!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,284 Posts
outofrshell said:
If you need the top left hinge, the bottom right hinge @ the back door is the same one. Usually the back doors are not worn as bad as the front. If the hinge is popping it is usually the pin gets bent and you can straighten them with a press not much you can do about sagging. DAVE
So does that mean the opposite is true ?

That the lower drivers side rear hinge is the same as the upper passenger side front ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,284 Posts
Metal88 said:
problem is I have no back door :lol:
but Ill defiantly keep that in mind tho!
Well, if you'll stop being so defiant about it, let's find out whether the hinges on trooper doors will work on yours.

If so, I will have a passenger lower rear hinge that you can use for the upper driver hinge on yours.

Meantime, you HAVE greased the bad hinge, right ?

My top passenger side front hinge is bad. A ton of grease everywhere has helped. The hinge still needs replaced, but the grease has helped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
Yes lower back door hinge on left is the same as upper on right front door. Here is another tip it is easier to pull the front fender to change the hinge at the top about 10 small bolts and the fender is off don't even have to mess with the park light. DAVE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
outofrshell said:
Yes lower back door hinge on left is the same as upper on right front door. Here is another tip it is easier to pull the front fender to change the hinge at the top about 10 small bolts and the fender is off don't even have to mess with the park light. DAVE
No kidding! Didn't know that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,350 Posts
well, if that is the case, I have both hinges one my back doors on the donor troop. PM if I need to harvest them for you. I still need to go out there anyway.

cheers
-Ian
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top