Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Planet!

I'm lookin for a tow hitch to fit up under my '98 Rodeo. I'd like a Class III/IV with a 2" receiver if anybody's got one. I'm in Upstate SC and would be willing to travel up to 200 miles if the price is right, or I'd pay shipping if the price is good enough.

Let me know what yall have!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have you checked your local junk yards? Plenty of second gen's. to be had there.
Found one at my local LKQ yard while they were having their holiday half price sale last May. I think I paid less than $20 including the tralier wiring. There was another one there but I only needed one. It's been a couple of months since then and they don't keep Rodeos too long, so it's probably gone to the crusher.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've checked the local LKQ a few times and 2nd gen Rodeo's are hard to come by. Even harder to come by with them is ones that aint been completely picked through already.

I'm overdue for a LKQ run anyway so maybe I'll go next weekend if I'm off work and see whats available down there.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
I have the Reese class 4 or 3 w/2" receiver if you're interested. I don't know if Joe d is willing to bring it down for ya. But it does have minor surface rust.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jesse, $70 sounds fair if you'd be willing to meet me somewhere about halfway between the two of us. Only issue I've got at the moment is cash is tight so it may be a few weeks before I could buy it off you.

Medic , how much would you want for your setup? Maryland is a little far for me, but if Joe would transport it, and the price is right we may be able to work something out.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
TKEPA251 said:
Jesse, $70 sounds fair if you'd be willing to meet me somewhere about halfway between the two of us. Only issue I've got at the moment is cash is tight so it may be a few weeks before I could buy it off you.
I'm in no rush at all, so when you have some cash and decide you still want it, let me know. I don't know if I would be able to meet you halfway, but you might want to see if Ruination or Van on here could pick it up for you when they see us at Beasley Knob in a few weeks. They live in SC. Just an idea.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jessescott said:
I'm in no rush at all, so when you have some cash and decide you still want it, let me know. I don't know if I would be able to meet you halfway, but you might want to see if Ruination or Van on here could pick it up for you when they see us at Beasley Knob in a few weeks. They live in SC. Just an idea.
I've met Brendan (ruination) before. I could see if he'd pick it up for me. When exactly are yall goin out to Beasley Knob? If the date is right I might come out there and meet up with yall.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah excellent! Well I can't quite plan that far in the future (potential job opportunity may interfere). We'll see how the next week pans out for me, and I'll keep you posted!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I just realized this after Cronk pointed it out in his hitch sale thread, but you have a rear mounted spare. The hitch I have is the exact same model as his, and while it will work fine, it sticks out from under the bumper some to make room for the under-vehicle mounted spare. Just something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jessescott said:
I just realized this after Cronk pointed it out in his hitch sale thread, but you have a rear mounted spare. The hitch I have is the exact same model as his, and while it will work fine, it sticks out from under the bumper some to make room for the under-vehicle mounted spare. Just something to keep in mind.
Ahh ok. Honestly I'm not overly concerned with that. As long as it'll bolt up to my frame I'll be happy lol.

I'll keep you posted when I've got the money and we'll work something out.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
TKEPA251, let me know if you still want the hitch that I have. We're at the Beasley Knob trip for the weekend, and I've brought it with me. Trying to decide whether to leave it here at the cabin when we meet the group in the morning, or to bring it along. Just let me know.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jesse I definitely want it, but I won't be able to buy it for at least another week. I'll get back to you after payday and we'll work out the details

-Robert

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.