Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrecked the 96. Sideswiped someone. Very little damage to the Blazer, lots to the Rodeo (96). The passenger side smashed, airbags did not deploy, windshiled broke. First wreck since I was 19, I am 35 (shhh). I guess I did it right. Pictures coming soon. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I already called Big Poppa and cried. :cry: :cry: :cry: (thanks for letting me whine)

·
Registered
808 Posts
Sorry to hear you toasted the Rodeo!!!! hope your all right, and that every things ok (aside from the loss of a Rodeo)

·
Registered
558 Posts
well at least it seems like your alright. :cry:
im home on leave so im never too far from my phone if you need to talk to someone.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I think I am alright. My neck is hurting a bit and for some reason my forehead is killing me. I did not hit - I did have a seatbeat on. Just breaks my heart I did the kind of damage that I did. She looks bad.

Dillon, I will give you a call.

Shan

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Shan,

I am sorry your Rodeo is wrecked. My wife tells me all the time I didn't get in line when mercy was being handed out. I was probably not the best person to call. But I hope you are doing better today.

I know you loved your truck, but it's like I told you last night.....

We can fix wrecked Isuzu's. People are somewhat harder to repair if they are broken.

Joe

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Yes, people are harder to repair. Make sure that you get yourself checked out. No need to be a heroine. Neck hurting definitely sounds like whiplash.

Take care of yourself first, then worry about the truck!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From the early looks (the guy that has it) seems to be totaled. He says there is a lot of damage there. Waiting on insurance adjuster now.

Will get pics sometime this week. I am just not in the mood to drive yet.

Shan

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Shan, just remember not to rush things, especially with your neck and head hurting.

Insurance companies tend to total older vehicles because they are worth less than the projected repair costs. Even some mechanics will recommend against repairing because of the potential labor charges. (One recommended that I total my Trooper because the frame had some rot. I just had to find a good welder and it passed inspection.)

If you plan to get the Rodeo back on the road make sure that it is NOT totalled. Otherwise you will end up with a salvage title and have real difficulty getting it retitled. Just negotiate a settlement and maintain your title.

If the Rodeo is truly totalled and you have space, you might want to negotiate for the salvage as part of the settlement. You will get a bit less in cash but there are probably lots of parts that you can use on Kenny's 95 Rodeo S or sell to other members. Also if the drivetrain is good, you may be able to find a cheap replacment Rodeo with a blown motor or tranny.

Good luck. No driving or negotiating until your head clears.

Edited: Here is the link about the salvage title http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat. ... art=1&vc=1

·
Registered
7,209 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, I will not be making any decisions any time soon. I do know that I will not fool with a salvage title-been there done that once. It was a PITA.

Will keep you updated. Thanks again, you're the best!

Shan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.