Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok the item I don't know where to find is... possibly skid plates??... i know on my 92 i had complete skid plates all the way back to like halfway back on the transmission... my 91 looks like it had the same thing? but someone removed all but the gas tank skid plate and the very front skid plate... any idea if this was stock and if so.. where can i get them? oh and how much it usually run for those?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
If they're the same as my '93 Trooper, I am parting it out and I know it has all of the skid plates, 3 or 4 in total... And the the truck is only in Everett.

·
Registered
166 Posts
should have 4 in total. up front to protect the front under side/ axle's cv shafts, 2nd is the one that covers from the front chunk to the transfer case and the third is from the bottom of the front plate back to the middle-ish of the transfer case/ tranny and has the hole for the oil drain hole. the 4th of course the gas armor.

dunlap

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I have the front one and the gas armor.. its the other two I am missing... I think the next time I buy a vehicle and they say a 16 yr old owned it before them... I am staying away lol. but yes that is exactly what I'm talking about. I always liked the fact that all that protection was there. did make changing out the starter a pain but still did it and did not have to remove the skid plates :)

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Boogieman said:
ok the item I don't know where to find is... possibly skid plates??... i know on my 92 i had complete skid plates all the way back to like halfway back on the transmission... my 91 looks like it had the same thing? but someone removed all but the gas tank skid plate and the very front skid plate... any idea if this was stock and if so.. where can i get them? oh and how much it usually run for those?
This is for a 91 Trooper? I have a complete set. You need the 2 transfer case ones?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oops.. shoulda mentioned its for my 91 rodeo.. and yea if i find the plates i have the very front one and the gas tank armor.. its the rest i dont have.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Boogieman said:
oops.. shoulda mentioned its for my 91 rodeo.. and yea if i find the plates i have the very front one and the gas tank armor.. its the rest i dont have.
Hmm 91 Rodeo. I'm going to venture a guess that they're not the same.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
That'd be the kind of thing I'd want to find in a junk yard. Shipping cost would be murder on those.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stusvend said:
That'd be the kind of thing I'd want to find in a junk yard. Shipping cost would be murder on those.
hmm true... that would be bad shipping lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts