Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Hope someone here can help. In a recent snow I turned on my wipers and they only went half way and stopped, for good. I'm thinking that I burned out the wiper relay since I can't find a fuse for it. The rear wiper works but driving backward in the rain is a pain on Arkansas backroads. I also do not hear anything out of my wiper motor.

I have had problems getting a relay. the local dealer wants money up front but can't say when the part will be in. I have not been able to find anyone else that cares the part.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
hi,
what do you drive, and what year? The wiper relay in the earily first gen Rodeos, 88-95 pup, 89-94 Amigo, its in the fuse box on the passengerside fenderwell. its a large black relay, cant miss it. Do you hear the wiper motor humming or moving? is it possible the knee and ball socket popped off the wiper transmission (what the parts that move your wipers are called)? Maybe the motor fried, you should be able to jump the relay so its a on or off type set up, to see if its the wiper motor or relay thats bad.
Give us more info and we might be able to help
thanks
Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.