Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a 90 Trooper that has seen some better days. One of those days was before the hood latch failed and caused the hood to, uhh, open at freeway speed. Made a little boo boo as you can see.

So what's the thinking on a repair like this? Worth the while, and just how much might the while cost me?

TIA ...

·
Registered
99 Posts
maybe drop by a mom-and-pop body shop and ask them.
If it were me, Id fix the wipers and say the hell with it.

By the way.... after the hood popped at 60mph, what happened I wonder? Maybe check the driver seat for a poo-poo and pee smell!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ain't gonna check it! :lol:

Passing on this one .... found another Trooper for $500 less and 2x the condition!

Just did a Carfax, and it all checks out. Looks like I'm gonna own me a 'Suzoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Junk yard. Look at what the procedure is to remove that vent piece above the hood. Find a junker, remove the piece, paint it, presto chango.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey Magnificent, just gotta say that cartoon you have going is awesome :lol: :lol: I try to read you posts but I just sit there laughing the whole time watching the carnage unfold. NICE WORK! :twisted:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
troopermania said:
Hey Magnificent, just gotta say that cartoon you have going is awesome :lol: :lol: I try to read you posts but I just sit there laughing the whole time watching the carnage unfold. NICE WORK! :twisted:
Thanks, but like everything else on the internet, I stole it from somewhere. It is pretty damn funny though, mostly how relatable it is for some.

8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.