Isuzu SUV Forum banner

will the gas tank on a 1999 isuzu trooper fit a 1990 isuzu trooper?

841 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  turnerd 
#1 ·
Will the gas tank on a 1999 isuzu trooper fit a 1990 isuzu trooper?

#2 ·
I looked at this when my 88's tank started leaking. I never tried to test fit, but they look pretty identical to me. I didn't look at the plugs for the fuel pump or anything, but physically it looks like a newer tank would fit.

#3 ·
anything will fit if you have a big enough hammer! ;)

That is a very good question...I wonder what the part numbers are

#5 ·
Car manufactures will give different part numbers for the identical part when crossing different model years/generations or even models themselves. Ever see a 99 VX dash? its a 95.5-97 rodeo dash but in black. same part, different color and different part number. i had a 96 Passport with a black dash and black leather....never seen one since, that dash was used in a different model and year. 81-87 pup parts fit the troopers also and may have different part numbers. . Anyway, with Emission hose routing or different vapor/roll over valves locations on the top, there may be subtle changes to tank and cause to have a different part number because a 90 tank wont have the emissions piping the 99 has, yet the tank, itself, may be made from the same die, for the housing only...it would be interesting to see if they did, in fact, physically interchange as far as mounting goes....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.