Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
In a word -

YES! :lol:

All ISUZU rims are interchangeable READ = KEWL!

If you can find some used VX rims - you'd be stoked - they're awesome.

Disclaimer - the issue that sometimes comes up is trying to use a 15" rim on a vehicle that had previously had 16" or even 17" rims - sometimes the brake assemblies will not allow the smaller rim to be used.

But all ISUZUs have the same lug and center hole pattern.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Whoops!

Thanks Ryan, just goes to show that a 'given' can be subject to change without notice :cry:

So, the center caps on those Axiom rims are non-removable, just to clarify? I would think they would be able to accommodate either the 2wd or 4wd axioms.....and therefore the 2000 Troops?

Are these the rims you're referring to:

http://www.aaarims.com/index.html

http://www.800wheels.com/

One year at Uwharrie, we came across this guy who'd just purchased a first-gen Amigo and was preparing to enter the trails. Naturally, the groups stopped and invited him to come along. Upon 'inspecting' his new chariot, it was discovered that whoever had last rotated the tires had failed to also move the caps and the front hubs were now covered up so he couldn't turn the Aisin hubs to lock in............those were the 'snowflake' rims that he had (IIRC, could be wrong though, been awhile). So I'm just wondering about the newer rims with fixed caps and whether they will still work?

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Excellent pics of those rims. Now, I'm supposing the upper pic with the flat cap would come with the 2wd vehicles and the lower pic with the extruded cap would come with the 4wd?

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
With 96+ Troopers having SOTF, the need to access the hubs becomes much less of an issue. I certainly would have a problem, since I have manual hubs, but the majority of Troopers still have the factory drive flanges, so there is no need for access through the center of the wheel.

My $0.02

-Tad

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
See, that's the thing about the Axiom - I could never get past the huge cowl to notice small details like - no extruded center caps on the rims :shock:

But it's still a kewl ride to me :lol:

So, am I seeing at first a divergence from my original statement, and now a conditional re-convergence back to my original statement about all ISUZU (consumer) rims being interchangeable, depending on year and presence of 'old-style' hub assemblies (manual or AutoHub)?

It looks like on these particular Axiom rims, the center cap can simply be popped out and the older style extruded caps can be installed to accommodate the older style axles - and in fact, I strongly suspect that for the first-gen / manual hub crowd, that the ISUZU logo'd portion of the cap can be cut out with a dremel (or whatever)...............................Still like those VX rims though: 8)

Cheers,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.