Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I posted, but am wondering will a set of 35's work for me (hang with me i'm a girl lol so if this is a silly question just tell me)
I have a 93 Amigo with a 3 inch lift...it's 5 speed manual tranny, 4x4 2.6 4cyl.
Currently it's on 31's, but they are past their prime and it's time for new tires, my original plan was to get 33's, however I found an amazing deal on some 35's....I really want them but do not want to tear anything up.
So just from what info I have given can someone give me some advice on...like will they fit etc? will it tear anything up,
My dad (old school and doesn't understand why I want big tires) was already trying to talk me out of 33's so I'm sure his reaction to the 35's is going to be bad lol. I found a pic online of an amigo same year as mine with the same lift and it had 35's, but it was just a photo it didn't tell me anything else such as any other mod's they had to make in order to get them to work. Thanks in advance for any info or help you guys can give me!

·
Registered
574 Posts
35s may be too much for your 4 cyl. engine. 33s would be a much better set up. Do you have a body lift too? I dont think 35s would even fit without a body lift and your suspension lift that you have. Good luck, but Id stick with 33s.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm with MOZES, that's a little bit too much rubber to expect the 4cyl to move and move well.
You could change your Differential gears to account for the extra size and weight of the 35's, but that open a whole 'nother can of worms.
I think 33's would be your safest bet.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'd even look for a set of 32x11.50s. I ran them for years, and really enjoyed them. really only 1/2" of different at the diff between a 32 and 33. Good luck and post pics!! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts