Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Planet!

Located on the back of the Upper Intake Manifold I have what appears to be some sort of "throttle-like linkage". I've got no idea what it does, or is, but it does move when I push on it, kinda like a throttle linkage.

If anybody knows what this is or does holler at me please.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
AHHH!

Sorry, I dont know what part that was, just wanted to holler, :lol:

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Its hard to tell from pics, but the only "linkage" thing I remember being there, is for the butterfly thingy in the intake. I think it uses a vacuum or something to activate it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dae said:
Its hard to tell from pics, but the only "linkage" thing I remember being there, is for the butterfly thingy in the intake. I think it uses a vacuum or something to activate it.
I believe you're describing the same thing I'm lookin at.

Its got a vacuum hose that comes off the throttle body and intake manifold, into a vacuum tee and into some sort of solenoid and then runs to that "linkage" thingy.

Any idea what it does or controls?

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
You are correct, its the intake runner butterfly linkage. Our engines use "dual length" intake runners. At lower rpm they will be one direction, at higher rpm they switch. This gives more torque at lower rpm and more hp at higher rpm.

You can see the butterflies in this pic from Radare's intake manifold gasket thread

Here is the lower manifold half

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet! Thanks Gizmo! I randomly found this linkage today and just wanted to figure out what it did.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
It controls the vortex tunnel between our planet, and the galaxy of Oonth.

Don't mess with it. You could release the hords of Oonth upon our unsuspecting populace.

Or your mother in law could lose an eye.

I forget which.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Selador AKA Tat said:
It controls the vortex tunnel between our planet, and the galaxy of Oonth.

Don't mess with it. You could release the hords of Oonth upon our unsuspecting populace.

Or your mother in law could lose an eye.

I forget which.
This is true. Don't ask me how I know. :shock:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Its called a goesinta. It goes in ta the back and moves something around...

Which then opens the a fore mentioned vortex....

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Crap! I knew I shouldn't have let my dad mess with that linkage... O well life's too short to not unleash a few hordes here and there, am I right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.