Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to start a clean thread regarding the flares I may offer and the purpose of the thread is to see how many would be interested in a fiberglass set of these? Please no posts about any other flares..These flares will be here in a couple weeks max and could be available in about 30-45 days if the response is positive.
They would be replicas of these flares:

I am thinking around $450 a set + shipping. Of course if theres interest i will firm up the price before moving forward.
I would need several people committed and willing to send me a deposit of 50% down and the final 50%+shipping due once completed and ready to ship. They would be finished in grey, black or white primer coat ready for paint.
I do not want to put out all the nec. costs as these will be a lot more costly than the scoops to reproduce hence the "presale". So if you may be interested let me know..
Once I paint them and install them I will not be reproducing them..
Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Those are nice flares. Wish I could afford a set.

Something was bugging me about the look of the flares so I took the liberty of touching up the photo.

If the rockers weren't black it wouldn't stand out so much. I also think the black rubber trim is too much contrast. Makes it look like a Toyota Landcruiser.

You didn't ask for my opinion though, did you? You know what 'they' say about opinions........

I hope you sell a lot of 'em!

ramzoom said:
I wanted to start a clean thread regarding the flares I may offer and the purpose of the thread is to see how many would be interested in a fiberglass set of these? Please no posts about any other flares..These flares will be here in a couple weeks max and could be available in about 30-45 days if the response is positive.
They would be replicas of these flares:

I am thinking around $450 a set + shipping. Of course if theres interest i will firm up the price before moving forward.
I would need several people committed and willing to send me a deposit of 50% down and the final 50%+shipping due once completed and ready to ship. They would be finished in grey, black or white primer coat ready for paint.
I do not want to put out all the nec. costs as these will be a lot more costly than the scoops to reproduce hence the "presale". So if you may be interested let me know..
Once I paint them and install them I will not be reproducing them..
Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
I think it'd be nice to have them as an option. The fact that you are offering to reproduce them is really great!

The 50% thing will help break up the cost too. I would buy a set if I had the money to spare. Unfortunately my magic eight ball isn't giving me much of a forecast to my future financial status....... Too much uncertainty for me right now. They look really cool!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cronk said:
I think it'd be nice to have them as an option. The fact that you are offering to reproduce them is really great!

The 50% thing will help break up the cost too. I would buy a set if I had the money to spare. Unfortunately my magic eight ball isn't giving me much of a forecast to my future financial status....... Too much uncertainty for me right now. They look really cool!
I totally understand..but if theres a few that can do it and want to then at least they could be available in the future for guys not ready now or those guys that are new to 1st gens..I just can't front all of it right now and wait to see if I sell a set or two or ten.. thats why I would need some to commit with the deposits..

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
NOt my style, but they look great! Wish you luck man...

Cronk said:
Unfortunately my magic eight ball isn't ...
you have a magic eight ball?....

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hey ramzoom, where's the original thread on this? I'm looking for info on the material it's made from mostly. I migh be interested, but if they are thin fiberglass, then they might not hold up well with all the rocks and debris here in the desert and I wouldn't be interested.

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am going by the shop Friday and I am taking my flares to see what can be done..we are also going to talk about using my flares as a footprint to build the exposed bolt style flare..If I decide to do that I would most likely make them look like the squared fender flares on the commanders which don't stick out as far..I think they look clean and the squareness would go well with the Trooper..Right now this is just in the "what if and if we did stage"...I will know more next week..I already talked about them with my guy and if we make some they would be thick fiberglass. He makes some for another guy that get used on Mercedes G wagons and they look really nice and you know those guys aren't slapping on flimsy flares..so lets see what happens in the next week or so...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I am, I like how wide they are. I need more flare to cover my tires, the bushwackers arent wide enough..

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
awesome, I'm about to put my 89 back on the road now that I've got all of the bugs worked out after the 3.4. I'd like to have some wider flares! 8)

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am looking into using my flares as a foot print..building new flares out of sheet metal with the pocket style (bolts showing)..The bottom would attach with bolts to the rolled part of the inner fender like usual..the top would use the 3M double tape which sticks like crazy..I am thinking I could have the bolt heads welded on so that when the molds are made the faux bolt head would already be in place and one could paint the whole flare one color or paint the heads silver? Going back to add faux bolts will be more costly.. At this point I am just trying another ave. to get flares for my Trooper..Seriously for me its purely looks..but if I have a set made in metal then I can reproduce them in fiberglass..It may be possible to offer them in metal as well but it would not be cheap..As far as the bolt heads go..If I decide to move forward I will figure those out later..of course a rubber welting would need to be installed between the flares and the body as well....lots to think about..Just wanted to let guys know that I haven't forgotten or stopped this project..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts