Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is running spacers on here? I am rubbing pretty bad at full lock in my Passport with only 265's, due to the horrible offset of the factory alloys. I have a set of Snowflakes but my wife hates them and wont let me put them on. I am considering spacers, I typically hate them, and with manual hubs it would probably look pretty stupid as well so if anyone is running them and has pics please post them up. All personal experience is appreciated and size specs, suggestions welcome

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
What offset do you have?

I ran 265's with factory 16x6 wheels, as well as with 16x8 wheels, don't remember what my offset is anymore on the new wheels....but I never had issues even when I ran 285's on the factory wheels.

Whether or not your wife likes the snowflakes, you're going to have to do something.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 16x7's but the offset is something horrible, not sure what it is. Its mainly rubbing on my sway bar I believe.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Spacers work fine just make sure you don't stick them out that far or else you will start rubbing the fenders and bumpers.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm running 1.5 inch spacers (think I got them from Tad) on my 86 Trooper with the stock 6" wheels and 31/10.5's. Had pretty good rubbing before, and none after the spacers. I check the mounting studs every month or so. It is a bit of trouble to check the torque, and I could prob get by after 2-3 months if the studs never backed off. First time I've ever ran spacers, and wasn't super sure of them.....but they seem to work just fine. It sure widened the track of my Trooper 3 inches, and it may be my imagination, but it seems to take on ramps with more stability.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I'm running 1.25" spacers on my Passport, I still get some slight rub on the frame at full lock with 34's but not much and you REALLY have to have it cranked.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well looks like I will ordering a set soon then...wish I could just do the Snowflakes but oh well, whats another aftermarket part huh? Probably only do 1 or 1.5 inches though. Anyone running the Trail Gear ones?

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Man if I was the primary driver, snow flakes all the way, burn what the passenger says. I know your situation may be different, I just wouldn't sit on a set of flakes.

~psguardian

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I think they are on another truck, but if it comes down to you not being able to do anything with them, I want them haha

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah the Snowflakes are on another Passport, its actually the organization I work for. I run their transportation though so they are basically available to me if I want them or not.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
You should send them to me and I can send some replacements :twisted:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RamAirZ said:
You should send them to me and I can send some replacements :twisted:
Pics? Ok, I am not very motivated but you never know right? No guarantees

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
:now need to find some wheels: lol

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha I dont think you would find ones I would like anyways!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts