Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '99 Trooper with a strange power window issue that just began. All my windows and locks work but the master power window switch will only operate the driver's window and the door locks and will not operate the other windows. Each individual door switch works and will operate the window for that door. I have now twice replaced the master switch and each replacment switch does not fix or change anything. The first switch was from a '95 or '96 that I pulled myself, so I figured it could have been a bad part. I just bought another one online from a '98 that I was told was tested and working, but again the same issue. Am I missing something obvious here? Do I need to try a third switch? Could the relay be defective even though the windows work? I even re-soldered every contact on the circuit board but to no avail, and have sprayed contact cleaner on the connectors. This issue started around the same time that the TOD began having issues. I've been searching the forums for hours but haven't run across a similar problem. Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, from what I can tell, there are 3 wires that are common to all 4 switches: Red w/yellow stripe, Blue w/black stripe, and Black w/silver dot. I have continuity on blue w/black and black w/silver but not with the red w/yellow (might not have been making good connection...connector is very small for this wire). I don't know how these are wired so I don't know what these represent. I did notice that both rear windows have the same 6 wires going to each of them which seems odd to me. I still need to check the continuity between the connectors and the wires at the master switch to rule out a connector issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.