Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Where are you in the rebuild? I am behind you as I just got mine pulled. Just found this thread and will definitely follow.

Regards,
Alan

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hey I like the shiny silver exhaust manifold paint! Did you use new bolts instead of the standard studs that go in the head?

Top work so far. My block & crank is at the machine shop. I am trying to decide whether to paint the block black like you did or do something nuts like the lime green I saw someone else did.

Alan

·
Registered
681 Posts
Wow sweet trip. This is exactly what I'd like to do with mine.......................but I am on the east side of the country.

·
Registered
681 Posts
takemehome4LOroads said:
Enemigo said:
Awesome! How did the suspension feel since it was all brand new?
Quite stiff at first on the washboard roads. I sure felt every bump until I aired down. Feels much better in the turns. The boat-about-to-tip feeling is gone.

The steering surprisingly feels a little sloppier, or at least I'm noticing it more now. It could just be in my head because the alignment guy said "your steering is really sloppy!" Well I got a steering box rebuild kit that will hopefully help that.
What all did you do to your suspension? Just getting started on my 88's suspension.

·
Registered
681 Posts
takemehome4LOroads said:
OME shocks and leaf springs
Energy suspension bushings for leaf springs and sway bar
New ball joints and lower + upper control arm bushings
I've done most of the mechanical stuff so far but never fooled with a suspension. How hard was it to get the new bushings in? My suspension squeaks like rusty bed springs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts