Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
What a clean truck, worth keeping. It's an LS to boot. If you have to have a automatic at least you have a good one. It is an Aisin and they are good ones. I would look at doing a fluid change once you get this little puppy running. Jerry also has a modified cam that will make this engine run even better. Look at upgrading the exhaust to a 2 1/4" down the line. It was one of the best mods I did on my SpaceCab.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I would look for another block.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Looks great! I have a block in waiting for my Spacecab.
Darn thing just keeps on going.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Between the overbore and the cam, this little puppy is gonna be snappy!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
That is incredible! The Roos in LA don't stand a chance!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
That is looking very nice!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Very happy to hear of your success! That Aisain trans should give you good service. Beautiful Trooper!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Just read through this entire thread again, glad to hear things are moving along. I really like this trooper. My opinion on the tires are to keep the 235's or go to 31's. Get an LT rating with all season capabilities. I ordered mine on Amazon and they have worked out very well.
Did you ever sell that fuel pump for the 6 cylinder? I would be interested

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Good choice on the tires, man that Trooper is sweet! I have switched to 31's on both of mine. My Spacecab has the 2.6 also. Trooper is converted to a 3.4. I run nothing under 5000 feet and it they both do just fine. I am so glad I don't have to deal with smog. On the pickup I run the snowflake wheels that are just a tad wider than your stock wheels.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Overall that was a successful trip! Can't remember if you did anything with the radiator, could be slightly plugged. Temp shouldn't go over half mark. I would definitely look into the aftermarket transmission cooler, where you will run in the hotter temps. If the timing is off that would make it run a bit hotter too.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I like that aluminum radiator, I believe they dissipate heat faster but I have never needed one myself. I have a 3.4 V6 standard trans and it has a two core and works great. I traveled thru Wyoming last year at 75 MPH and 95 degrees and never had an issue. But that auto trans will create more heat anyway. I think I would go with an auxiliary trans cooler first and see how that does, certainly won't hurt. I did that on an old F150 I had years ago, what a difference.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Leaf springs bushings can go either way, I redid mine last summer and had a real hard time. I literally had to beat them out. What had happened was the rubber had seized to the shackle bolts and would not break loose. It was a good thing I was doing a shackle lift at the same time as I ruined the originals. What helped was I finally soaked the bushing in WD40 and things started to give. Didn't want to use heat next to the gas tank.
The previous 3 times on other Troopers was pretty darn easy. Plan on using 2 jacks during the process. I used a small bottle jack to reposition the spring when putting it back together.
Ball joints are not that tough, but plan on using two BF hammers in the process, I am in the middle of that right now.
I have never had to replace the front bushing on the rear leaf spring, they seem to have a low wear rate in my experience.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts