Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i have the heater set to defrost, or defrost and floor, their is a (getting louder) whine coming from under the truck, which is audible only from outside. when i switch the selector to blow out the dash or only the floor or both, it stops.

this happens both in recycling air and taking it from the outside.

:shock: what is it and is it an easy fix?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Your A/C compressor cycles on and off when in any defrost setting. Make sure your compressor isn't siezed and that there is enough oil/refridgerant in it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a 92 Rodeo that is doing the same thing. (except that sometimes I can hear it from inside the truck)

I haven't checked the ac system since I bought it but I never use air conditioning. If it's something simple like refrigerant I'll fill it, but I don't want to buy a new compressor for a system I never use.

Can I disconnect the A/C completely? How would I do it? Any negative consequences?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sounds like the A/C compressor is failing. When it locks up, you will get a massive squeal, followed by a battery light and loss of power steering when the sepentine belt breaks. Better start shopping for a compressor.

Regards,
Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.