Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 1988 Trooper 2.6l, it is in super shape inside and out for 250.00. Only problem I have is the head needs replaced. I bought a head on eBay totally rebuilt for 200 bucks. Is there any thing else I should consider doing while I have the top half apart to replace the head? I am planning on replacing water pump, timing belt, timing belt tensioner... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I recently replaced the head on the 2.6 in my '91 Trooper and I greatly regret not putting a cam in it while I had it all apart. It's okay, though. I am going to go back and re-torque the head in another couple thousand miles or so. I would recommend that you do the same. Good luck.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you plan on keeping it, my suggestion would be to put that rebuilt head back up for sale on ebay and order a NEW AMC head. Been there, done that. You might get away with it, but chances are you will have to do it all again in a year or less. Not trying to tell you what to do.......just sharing MY experience with the same exact deal you are getting yourself into. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.