Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm going to be attaching my cooling fan tomorrow, and i looked up some photos of other 2.8L-3.4L engines to find which way it supposed to face. of the photos i found, 2 had the scalloped out edges facing the radiator, and 2 had the scalloped out section facing the motor. i then went onto myisuzuparts.com and on the drawing it shows what looks as though the scalloped edges face the radiator for the V6 engine, but it's facing the other way on the 4 cylinder and the diesel engine. question; does it make a difference? for my preference, i would like it to be able for the scallops to be towards the engine side. the reason being, i did 1" body lift and it would be nice not to have to modify the fan shroud.

thanks, john

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
The scallops face the engine.

Did you take the fan off the clutch ?

You should see some tell-tale marks on the fan, that will tell you which side was against the fan clutch.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jeff. yes. i did find some tell-tale marks, but they were the opposite of what the drawings show on myisuzuparts.com., that's why i'm asking the question. you're saying that the scallops face the engine, but you have the 4 cylinder engine, which is correct according to the drawings. the V6 shows them the opposite way. does it, will it, make a difference??
cheers, john

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.