Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, repairs on my 2000 Trooper are progressing but I need to find a source for the blue pins that are used to hold the trim pieces on. Does anyone have any idea where I can get them? I looked at the generic packs and I could not find it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Ah ha. Those seem to be quite unique. You can try Jerry, but I would just reuse the old ones and get more from the junkyard if you have some that are broken.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The pins you can maybe get at a junkyard but the female in the fender is nearly impossible to get out without them breaking.
I have the same problem and am trying to find a workable solution. I did find if you remove part of the inner fender you can get to the inside of the fender. I may even try carriage bolts and nuts 1/4-20 x 1 1/2 in stainless..
2001 Trooper

·
Registered
939 Posts
These are universal body fasteners, there is nothing special about them. Most auto parts stores have these, I would check with Napa first. Other suppliers are Fastenal, ACE hardware, Lawson Products and SummitRacing

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Here's a set on Amazon for $9.99 and it has various sizes of the "push rivet" plastic fasteners, 120 total:

Scroll down into the "related" feed and the choices become too large to comprehend (158 pages of products!).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's a set on Amazon for $9.99 and it has various sizes of the "push rivet" plastic fasteners, 120 total:

Scroll down into the "related" feed and the choices become too large to comprehend (158 pages of products!).
I looked at all the fasteners amazon had i also looked at a fastener website that specializes in things like this. A christmas tree type push in plug needs to be 11 mm diameter and a length of about 35mm. I have ordered and tried several that I thought may have worked that did not. I have one more package coming in that I hope will be it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The pins you can maybe get at a junkyard but the female in the fender is nearly impossible to get out without them breaking.
I have the same problem and am trying to find a workable solution. I did find if you remove part of the inner fender you can get to the inside of the fender. I may even try carriage bolts and nuts 1/4-20 x 1 1/2 in stainless..
2001 Trooper
I just found out you can release the fasteners in by sliding a 5/16 Deepwell socket over them from the rear

1 - 10 of 10 Posts