Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok forgive me if this is a simple question, sitting in my office and have not had the chance to go look at the car yet... Where is the fuel filter located on a 2000 Rodeo 4x4? Is this hard to change yoursef? Any special instructions I need to know?
I am by no means a mechanic but I want to try to change it today to see if it helps with my porblem posted a few days ago. Thanks!

Jonathan Clayton

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
It can be found under the the drivers side door. Look in the frame rail under that door.

1. Order fuel filter from St. Charles
2. Unscrew gas cap
3. Disconnect battery (optional)
4. If you have hose clamps that will pinch of rubber tubes you can pinch off both ends to reduce the amount of gas that will pour out.
5. With a pilers (I think) you loosen the tension on the hose clamps and move them back on the rubber tube.
6. Remove the one bolt that filter holder has with a socket wrench.
7. With one hand on the filter (which is stickly with undercoating), and one on one of the tubes, twist it back and forth to loosen up the tube and pull the tube off (waterfall of gas, may want to wear eye protection). Repeat on the other side.
8. Replace with new filter (make sure the arrow is going the way the gas flows). Move the hose clamps back, insert bolt, replace gas cap, reconnect battery.
9. Turn the Key to the on position 2-3 time to help to represser the lines. Then fire her up! It may take a bit longer to start since there maybe a bit of air in the line, and the ECU may of also reseted itself.

This is very easy to do. 20-30 minute job. And it is nice that the filter doesn't bolt onto the hoses like they do on GM's.
-Ryan

·
Registered
1 Posts
I located the fuel filter under the driver's door. Twenty minutes later I had replaced the filter, thanks to the directions here. I disconnected the battery, unscrewed the gas cap, unscrewed the bolt from the clasp that held the fuel filter, and after unscrewing the band clamps on each end of the fuel filter, I slowly turned free the fuel filter. Be sure to keep in mind the in/out direction flow. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.