Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i'm getting ready to lift up my 03 Rodeo another 2" via coil spacers so i'll have around a 4" lift. I just did a little more research on the coil spacers and saw some posts saying that 2nd gen Rodeos need a bent driver side upper link to be able to go higher than 3", or the stock upper link will hit the gas tank. I tried searching for any for sale and it seems you can only get them with the Calmini lift kit, or people make their own. I do not have the equipment to fabricate my own, so what should I do? I keep hearing bad things about Calmini's customer service and don't know if they would sell just the driver side upper link. Is there any other solution to this? Is there anyone out there willing to make one for cheap?

Thanks

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Make them? Yes. Cheap? No.

I know Dallas at Stinky Fab used to make and sell them. I dont see them on his new website now though. Could probably email him and have some made. Also I beleive Joe Darlington (a member here) made and sold them. You can try PMing him and see if he still does. He doesnt have a website anymore but still has his custom fab business.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I'll send some messages and see if I can source one.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just messaged Joe Darlington and got a quick reply back. He just told me I could try independent4x so I may try to e-mail them too. He also said his Rodeo has around 4" of lift without the bent link and I would probably be okay on the street, but will hit if I off-road it. I feel more comfortable now since i'm just daily driving my Rodeo right now, but would rather take care of this issue before anything bad happens, so i'll send a few more emails.

If anyone else has one or any other ideas please let me know.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got a reply from Stinky Fab, they said they stopped making them but could probably fab one up if I wanted to pay their fee of $70 per hour. So i'm looking at a good couple hundred bucks minumum it seems like. :(

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
You guys keep forgetting about the calmini bent upper links! I have them with 5 inches of lift and still got lots of downtravel in the rear on the gas tank side.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I saw that the kit came with them, i'll call them tomorrow to see if they will sell me just the driver link. I'll post back up if I end up getting one from them and for how much.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called Calmini today and the guy I talked to was very nice and helpful. He said they could sell me both upper rear links for $150 shipped with new bushings so I went ahead and ordered them. If anyone is needing some of these for their lifted Rodeo give them a call.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.