Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got passed an invitation to the get together and was told I could invite some Zu's!!!
It's October 21, 2011 to October 23, 2011 at Hidden Falls Adventure Park in Marble Falls, Texas.

For those of you in a 5 hour area, I expect to see you because that's how long I'm driving (hopefully with my new engine that I'm going to pick up)

Trails are rated from 1 to 6 and I've no idea what I'll be trying out in the Trooper so come along just in case I need a winch out.

Entry Fee:
$95.00 (Includes your name in raffle, park fees and camping fees.)
$25.00 on top of the $95.00 will get you 2 cooked meals

What to Bring:
-Camping gear or trailer to stay in overnight.
-Food and Drinks (if you don't want to pay the additional $25)
-Positive attitude
-Ability to partake in 3 days of off-roading and rock crawling :wink:

Post up on here if you are available otherwise I'ma be reppin the Zu crowd, take that however you want :mrgreen:

·
Registered
309 Posts
We are registered. But I'll be driving the new buggy.

Jen

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ohhhh dang!!!
I definitely have to see that beast!!!
So I take it you'll be hitting up the level 5 trails while I putt around the 1s and 2s eh?

Are you at least bringing the Rodeo out there?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Audacity said:
Got passed an invitation to the get together and was told I could invite some Zu's!!!
It's October 21, 2011 to October 23, 2011 at Hidden Falls Adventure Park in Marble Falls, Texas.

For those of you in a 5 hour area, I expect to see you because that's how long I'm driving (hopefully with my new engine that I'm going to pick up)
Oooooo don't hate me, but you can't expect me. ******** with Paychecks is opening up on the 22nd, and I'm heading that way. Marble Falls is about 30 minutes closer, and prolly the way better of the two parks so that's where I should be going, but ******** is way cheaper 20$ per person for the weekend if you stay on site. My trucks not built up enough to get into too much yet anyways so I'm going more for spectating. Least I'll still be out and reping Zu that weekend.

·
Registered
585 Posts
please post pictures after the Marble Falls event--I used to live in the Austin area and always thought off-road access up by Marble Falls would be awesome.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Robert is going to leave early to drop off his daughter in Lampasas so I'm stuck driving myself, probably in the Zoo...cause I'm too scared to tow.

We ran about half of the harder trails last weekend to make sure the rig is in good working order. We definitely want to hit up Axle Buster (5) and Keystone Canyon (6). We've tried Axle Buster twice and had to winch up. The first time was because of a clogged fuel line and the 2nd was last weekend because the basin was a sticky mud pit.

We'll either be camping in Area 51 with the FJ group or camping A because someone from our group is insisting on electric and water.... :roll:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Videos and pics are definitely coming!
I may have to make the run with the tired ole 2.3 though so I can't promise much.
Hahaha I'm fairly certain that the guy organizing this intends on us going with the FJ group so with any luck, I'll see ya around!

-88- No bad blood your way lol! Goodness knows I would want to do something cheaper but it's the only solid invite I've gotten yet and I'm curious of what the Trooper can do.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I would make this if I had the money but I just spent some cash on brake upgrades for my toyota. Gotta get inspected this month too so thats gonna take all my cash. Theres alot you can do out there though.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I move to Colorado....and now I find out about this...

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the other guys are headed that way this afternoon, I'm sticking behind with hopes that my camshaft will come and that the shop can find me some dowels for the 2.6...
I'm hoping to be able to get a few other guys to help me wrestle it in ASAP and the 2.3 is making some strange noises now (though it could just be my EGR pipe bouncing around)
So I'm not looking to trust it that far....

I'll update as I get news.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The drinks are made, the Zoo/Expedition/Buggy are loaded, the gas tanks are full. We are ready to go! Robert is going to leave tomorrow afternoon and I'll be headed up after work.

·
Registered
309 Posts
We had a blast! The only other Zoo I saw was on Sunday. It was an Amigo/Sport.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts