Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ever seen or used a Wheel Winch before? It looks kind of cumbersome to use, but great for self extraction.

Here is the video I saw. I like the idea of having something to drill into the ground to use as an anchor to pull yourself out. Just better hope that it doesn't pull out! :shock:

Plus, even women can use one!

Does this forum accept youtube embedding?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Enemigo said:
Has anyone here ever seen or used a Wheel Winch before? It looks kind of cumbersome to use, but great for self extraction.

Here is the video I saw. I like the idea of having something to drill into the ground to use as an anchor to pull yourself out. Just better hope that it doesn't pull out! :shock:

Plus, even women can use one!

Does this forum accept youtube embedding?
i don't think you can get that here in the states

·
Registered
677 Posts
This is an new take on an old trick. We truckers have been doing this for ever. Tie the rope between the duals and then to something solid and you can pull yourself out of all kinds of trouble. Even in a loaded semi, provided you have a strong enough rope.

This does fix the problem of not having duals though....

And as always happens... one video leads to another... and another....and another,

Until....

Along comes....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRtymuRM ... re=related

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
It's a pearler!

This idea was actually a factory option on some car in the US back in the 1920's or so. Saw it on some car show on history channel a few years ago. Back then there wasnt much in the way of roads through mountains so when people started using cars they only had mining trails to travel on. A winch came in very handy then.

As far as winch anchors, I watched a guy use one of THESE to get himself out of a mud hole once. I was impressed. The harder you pull the more it digs in so it wont pop out. Was able to just pull it out of the ground when he was done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts