Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 Isuzu Trooper and am experiencing a rocking back and forth type of wheel vibration at highway speeds when driving through a long curve on the interstate. Any suggestions or comments as to the possible problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear no noise and only experience the rocking sensation when the wheel is turned to drive through a curve. At lower speeds it feels fine. A local dealer thinks that the problem is the front shocks. He says some tire pattern wear indicates this but I want confirmation.

·
Registered
677 Posts
When was the last time you had the tires rotated? When I first got mine I was told by the dealership mechanics that tire rotation was paramount to preventing tire wear that would cause pretty much exactly what you are describing.

So I would recommend two things as the first things to do:

1. Balance and Rotate the tires
2. Have a through alignment done.

If it still does it, then go on to the more drastic stuff like shocks, ball joints, steering rod ends, CVJ's (if its 4wd), etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Trooper does not drift on the highway. The vibration like rocking motion in the steering wheel is only felt when driving through highway speed curves. The tires where rotated after the problem was identified. The dealer seems to think I need new front shocks. From what I have been reading I think that is the route I will go. Thank you all so much. Sterling

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.