Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Sweet! I would love to do that too...Just need some $$$!
Though that's the nice part about steelies, they're very affordable!

As far as 15" goes, I'm not sure if that'll fit the newer troopers. I think it's something with not clearing the brakes, but I'm not nearly 100% sure on that so I'd do a little research

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I say do it. I have the same 15x8 pro comp steelies on my Rodeo and they look great. Before buying make sure you get a backspacing that you know will work with your truck. I didn't do enough research when buying mine and I got a 4.5" backspacing, the rears fit perfect but the fronts ended up hitting the caliper, so I had to get some 1" wheel spacers to make them fit. Since then I went ahead and bought another pair of rims (same procomps) for the front with a 3.75" backspacing so I don't have to run spacers up there anymore. Lesson learned. If you got a 3.75" backspacing i'm sure you will be fine, but if your wanting something with a higher backspacing do some research before buying just to double check.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I say do it. I'm running 15" alloy rims on my SLX with no caliper issues. Looks just like your trooper. Same color combo.

Clipper,
If you only have a pair for the front, doesn't that mean when it comes time to rotate your tires you'll have to use the spacers again?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
ZuBrew said:
I say do it. I'm running 15" alloy rims on my SLX with no caliper issues. Looks just like your trooper. Same color combo.

Clipper,
If you only have a pair for the front, doesn't that mean when it comes time to rotate your tires you'll have to use the spacers again?
Yes sir, but i'm hoping by that point in time i'll have all 4 wheels with a 3.75" backspacing. :lol: I just bought the 2 fronts for now since i've been spending a lot on christmas gifts, once Christmas shopping is done i'll go ahead and get the rears so they all have the same backspacing.

·
Registered
877 Posts
aahhh..I see what you did there. That's the one thing I don't like about Christmas. The dent it makes on the pocketbook.

·
Registered
409 Posts
LCMITCHMARKNIA06 said:
I am thinking of switching to a 15x8 Procomp Steelie wheel from a 16 Alloy for a 97 Tooper. I will appreciate all your inputs.
i have a 95 trooper. came with 16s. i put 15x8 steel cragar soft 8s on it. just be sure to get 3.75" backspacing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts