Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started to repack the front wheel bearings on my 2000 Amigo/4wd. The Haynes manual says, "YOU SHOULD ONLY NEED TO REPACK THE WHEEL BEARINGS WHEN CHANGING BRAKES." Of course we all know what the Isuzu manual says, and what their response was when I called the local Isuzu service dept.

I contacted four local independant garages, two of them are "Japanese Only" shops. They all said the same thing the Haynes manual says.

I have 34,000 miles on the Amigo, and at least 10-20,000 miles left on my front brakes.

What do you guys suggest I do? What do you do with your wheel bearings??

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
I follow the instructions that Dave wrote up at: http://www.planetisuzoo.com/articles.htm/56 and I do it myself, so I'm inclined to do it every 30k miles.

I wouldn't get an alignment without repacking the bearings, and I wouldn't do brakes without repacking the bearings, but you are *probably* safe not doing them until you need brakes. Again, I'd do it, but you probably won't do any harm by leaving them as-is.

-Tad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.