Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

The front driver's side wheel on my 95 MU is grinding alot. It doesn't seem to be the brakes or the hub so I'm thinking is the wheel bearings. I've been told that the axle is the same as in an Amigo but I want to know for sure before I order the bearings off the internet. Is there any way to tell for sure if the amigo bearings will fit?

Thanks alot,
Jim

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It'll take a couple of days to get the new seals in so I can repack them. Being a younger driver, I've never gone through this before. I jacked it up and I have maybe a quarter of an inch of movement on the top and bottom. Is it okay to drive for a couple of days / go on the little off road outing I had planned for tomorrow? I'm not looking for a guarntee, just some advice from the experienced.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
416 Posts
It is not a good thing to have any play at all in there. Off roading may totally ruin the bearing and instead of just repacking it, you'll need to replace it. The parts are a little expensive to replace the bearing and its races with good quality one that match the OEM part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.