Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last friday I was cruising my way through my local U Pull It back to the Isuzu section and stumbled upon a Grand Cherokee that looked an awful lot like my old one.

I started looking it over and finally found a few clues that told me it was mine! I had the Jeep about 5 years ago and traded it in on a truck I no longer have. I have seen it driving around a few times after I got rid of it but I never thought I would see it in a JY.

Everything I had done to it was pulled already. The wheels and tires (except for one), springs, shocks, K&N air intake, speakers, exhaust, etc.

Has anyone ever seen their old vehicle in a junkyard? I was absolutely floored to see it in that condition!

Before

Thought I had a pic of when I went back to the factory wheels and BFG ATs but I guess not.

After

·
Registered
546 Posts
Oh yea, I've done that double take. Mine was a bit more painful and frustrating, but thats because it ended up in the yard against my will. It was my last Impulse, my 1989 Turbo that I had taken apart to rebuild the engine. I ended up having to move halfway through the tear down and had to leave it sit in the car port for 3 weeks. Some jerk of a neighbor called it in as dead storage, even tho it had fresh tags and all, because it wasn't in running condition. I didn't know about it until I went back to get the car and it was gone and another neighbor told me about it. Here in Douglas County they have the legal right to tow a vehicle out of private property if it is in obvious non-running condition (which is bull****).

Anyway, a week later I went to the local Pick-a-part to grab something for my daily beater car and there it was, stripped to hell, up on blocks.

I still have a sour taste in my mouth because they took BOTH engines I had for the car when they towed it, which WAS illegal, but obviously that case hasn't gone very far with this state....

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
thats a big heart breaker right there

·
Registered
484 Posts
Note to self: Never break down in Nebraska

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is horrible! I would have been livid!

I wasn't upset to find my old Grand in the yard, just couldn't believe the shape it was in. Had a lot of fun in that Heep! :D

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
man that would have pissed me off BIG TIME

citizen's arrest would be one of the more family friendly things id would do to him

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
trooper T/diesel said:
man that would have pissed me off BIG TIME

citizen's arrest would be one of the more family friendly things id would do to him
THAT WOULD BE IF ANY THING WAS LEFT AFTER I GOT THRU WITH THE SOB, DAM THESE HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATIONS GIVE THEM A LITTLE POWER AND THEY THINK THEY CAN RULE THE DAM WORLD,

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Yeah, I am staying the hell out of Nebraska, wont spend a nickle in that state. That is messed up man. I would have went to jail. Pulled the sideing off of his house at night or something... good god!

cheers
-Ian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.