Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a NOOB ( as in this being my 2nd post including an introduction) and have searched with no luck.. But I can't seem to find an ENTIRE list of vehicles including other makes that used the 4ze1 2.6 liter. I need to know the years, makes, and models. I need it for future reference at my local boneyard. If anyone can help that would be great! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, good to know when that head cracks.. I understand that there may be some GM vehicles that used this motor or was that a different motor that they shared?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
The Dude said:
I understand that there may be some GM vehicles that used this motor or was that a different motor that they shared?
Your thinking about the 2.8 litre GM motor they used in the 90 and 91 troopers and rodeos. I know mitsubishi used some sort of 2.6 litre turbo charged engine in some of their cars and I think the dodge daytona used that engine as well. Not sure yet if that block was related to the 4ze1 or not.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
caveman said:
The Dude said:
I understand that there may be some GM vehicles that used this motor or was that a different motor that they shared?
Your thinking about the 2.8 litre GM motor they used in the 90 and 91 troopers and rodeos. I know mitsubishi used some sort of 2.6 litre turbo charged engine in some of their cars and I think the dodge daytona used that engine as well. Not sure yet if that block was related to the 4ze1 or not.
THE HONDA PASS PORT FROM 94-97 ALL SO USED THE 2.6 THE MITSU ENG ISNT EVEN CLOSE IN DESIGN TO THE 2.6 EXCEP[T IN DISPLACEMENT

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Ahhhhh man!!!! LOL I was hoping they were close at least due to them being turbo charged and plentiful at pullapart!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate your input on this.. also... does anyone know if it's common for the exhaust manifold to crack on these motors?

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
The Dude said:
Thanks guys, I appreciate your input on this.. also... does anyone know if it's common for the exhaust manifold to crack on these motors?
NOT REAL COMMON , BUT THEY DO CRACK AT TIMES , THE NEW MANIFOLDS ARE MUCH THICKER THAN THE OLD ONES,S ,JERRY

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
When I replaced the top end of my 2.6 I found multiple cracks in the exhaust manifold. It was leaking like a sieve. Common? I don't know, but it was the original with approximately 200k on it.

I Bought a new one from Jerry.

The Dude said:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts