Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a new shop to take my rig to that I can actually trust. The last shop i used to go to just pissed me off.

I used to do all the work myself, but sadly work takes up nearly all of my time now. (that and sleep)

SO......what have you all had to pay to have rock sliders installed?

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Minimum 2 hours labor, if they are prepped and ready to be welded.

The guy who just did mine spent 5.5 hours, but he had to do quite a bit of fitting, cutting and prepping etc. I was there the whole time and he worked his butt off and did beautiful TIG welds. Fortunately he was moonlighting and only charged $30/hour. The other commercial shop I have used in the past charges $85/hour, which would've broken me.

But it was worth it when I slipped into the Wedge on Poison Spider in Moab...the sliders saved my sheet metal, not a scratch. Not that I care about the sheet metal so much, but it is nice to have doors that work...

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
I agree on the 2 hours comment. If they fit very well it will take 30-45 minutes to clean the frame in prep for the welds, and another 20-30mins per side to fit, brace and weld them.

If you post your location in your profile someone might recommend a local shop to do the work.

-Tad

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Austin Texas. There are a few shops I'm gonna run by this week.
Thanks, that's about what I figured.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Matt, call Reliable Automotive. They are in N. Austin. Their business is built around fleet maintenance, but they do alot of 4x4 fab, and they are hard-core Samurai buddies of mine.

Dave is the owner. His son is also named Dave. The lead mechanic is also named Dave. So just ask for Dave!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool and thanks man. By the way, is your name Dave?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.