Isuzu SUV Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the Rancho 5000 shocks as well and while they're not terrible and probably better than the stock shocks they're not quite as good as the Bilsteins.

It's good to hear so many people have also had good experiences with the Bilstein 4600s like I have had. Unless the OME shocks are on sale and close to the Bilsteins I think I'm going to replace these Ranchos with Bilstein 4600s when the time comes to swap them out.

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,413 Posts
Pretty sure I was sold on Bilstein's for my 89 a few years back, and found they were not listed as having ones for my year. So just what are these 4600's?

·
Registered
43 Posts
They're a little softer than the 5100s but they're still good shocks. From what I understand, they're made the same way with the same materials except the 4600s are painted and the 5100s are zinc coated on the shock body and the valving is a little different too but I think it is mostly on the compression side. You guys should be able to find 4600 series Bilsteins for your vehicles pretty easily. The 5100 series though would have to be looked up by mounting style specifications and length unless there is another SUV/truck that our shocks cross over to.

I'll probably end up buying those 4600s and get a shock post extension kit for $350 since it is $500 now for Old Man Emu shocks or Rancho 9000 series shocks.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts