Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... it's called Daylight Savings Time (DST). It's not called "I have an internal feeding clock and I want you to wake up". :evil:

A little background... before DST, the cat would come into the bedroom and wake me up around 3:30-4am to get fed by meowing and licking my feet, which in turn, would wake up the dog who of course has to shake her body every time she gets up. :roll:

You see, the dog knows that she'll get the leftover can of cat food once the cat is done eating.

So, for the past couple of days, the cat's been waking me up at 2:30-3am with the time change, which in turn wake up the dog, which in turn wakes up the wife (she normally gets up around 4:30am).

The cat and dog are pissed at me 'cause I've sprayed them with water trying to get them to understand the time change... the wife is pissed at me for waking her up early... I'm pissed at the cat and dog for waking me up early... what a vicious circle. :evil:

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
You gotta love it though man. :D

If im on my back, my male cat does this thing where he'll curl up on my neck and start rubbing hise head on my nose while his motor is wide open. (purring lol)

I have a soft heart for cats.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
My wife is ALWAYS pissed at me...... And we don't have a cat or a dog. :shock:
Too bad you can't 'splain to the cat to sleep in in the morning.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Close the bedroom door. With the cat on the other side.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
If it were only that easy. They'll keep whining and scratching at the door until you open it.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
black98rodeo said:
If it were only that easy. They'll keep whining and scratching at the door until you open it.
Tell me about it... i lose some sleep when my furry "friend' decides he wants to go outside for a while. :roll:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
feed the cat to the dog, no more cat to wake you up, and the dog will be fed already, and won't wake you up either, problem solved.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Well, we can tell who the 'alphas' are at your houses...

:wink: :lol: :lol:

I never feed my cats the same amount, or at the same time. They get fed when I have a minute to do so.

They never go hungry.

If it get's to be a little long, they'll let me know they are hungry. But they don't scratch at me or the door, or whatever. And they don't caterwaul, after they are sure they have gotten my attention. They know it won't do them any good, anyway.

My pets aren't the boss of me.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Haha, my cats have me wrapped around there fingers.

Especially my inlaws cat, Callie. She has me trained, lol. I treat her like a queen.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tonnydoodles said:
feed the cat to the dog, no more cat to wake you up, and the dog will be fed already, and won't wake you up either, problem solved.
The dog (a Beagle mix) is actually scared of the cat... and so are the rest of the dogs in the neighborhood. This cat has been fighting *****, possums, dogs and whatever else comes at him for the last 12 years and has the battle scars to prove it. :twisted:

Selador said:
Well, we can tell who the 'alphas' are at your houses...

:wink: :lol: :lol:

I never feed my cats the same amount, or at the same time. They get fed when I have a minute to do so.

They never go hungry.

If it get's to be a little long, they'll let me know they are hungry. But they don't scratch at me or the door, or whatever. And they don't caterwaul, after they are sure they have gotten my attention. They know it won't do them any good, anyway.

My pets aren't the boss of me.
Alpha scmalpha, the cat knows who the real boss is as evident of him flying out the door many a times... although I have been scratched plenty of times while doing so. :lol:

I do however like your idea of feeding him at a different time. I'll give that a try tonight. 8)

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
This is the latest addition to our family

She showed up last friday and she was so little

The other outdoor cats were scared of all 4 oz of her....she doesn't have a name yet....Hello Kitty..works good

We had forgot how funny they are when they are that little

She learned to use the litter box as soon as she was plopped into it :shock: awesome and very cool

the other morning I opened the bathroom door to see this inicent little thing sitting and staring up at me...then I noticed the roll of toilet paper that had been shredded to look like snow all over the floor :lol:

I couldn't even get mad...she was sitting there like "i love you"

So the toilet paper is now on top of the cabinet away from her little hands

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
UPDATE ON "VERONICA"

Well apparently placing the roll of toilet paper on the 4th shelf 6 feet off the ground...wasn't enuf :shock:

It was another snowy bathroom this morning :roll:

the cuteness wasn't that cute this morning...might have something to do with taking her "toy" away last night (she had a plastic cup that she was playing soccer with in the fiberglass tub)...she had to find something else to play with...still not sure how she climbed a wire rack :mrgreen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts