Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm 99% sure I need a new MAF sensor... so do I buy the $100 Autozone unit (Cardone or Beck & Arnley) or look for a factory OEM AC Delco unit? Should I go new or remanufactured? Most have a 1 yr warranty but I want the one the works the best for the ol' Trooper.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
An original equipment sensor will set you back about $175 so the $100 Autozone unit a good price. Have you tried cleaning the installed one and why do you think it is defective? Btw, that sensor fits 96/97 Rodeo,Trooper and Honda Passport and Acura SLX maybe you can find one at the salvage yard.

Cardone Industries REMAN info : http://c2c.activant.com/ctoc/index.jsp? ... VOQQIFXRkA

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've cleaned it and the IAC valve (which was really gunked up). It still stalls here and there at idle and the idle sometimes wanders. Runs perfectly fine beyond that. Seems like a sensor problem vs something being dirty. It doesn't run rough or stumble or sputter.

I just don't want to buy a sketchy "remanufactured" MAF unless they really don't make that much of difference between the brands.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After cleaning the IAC valve real good and pulling the ECM fuse.... things "seem" all better for now. Perhaps the MAF isn't the culprit after all. Gotta love it when you can fix something for nothing.

·
Registered
99 Posts
dont see your engine but....clean inside of throttle body with rag on a stick . spray a little in on the throttle plate and scoop the gunk out (rag on a stick). Use paper towels to soak up the excess spray inside the body immediately ...make sure not to drown the IAC or anything else. There are some tiny air passages around the throttle plate...these are probably clogged.

junkyard MAF is less $50

1 - 5 of 5 Posts