Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what length RCA's to run to my amp.Im wanting to run them under the door seals and along the side,not wanting to cover the storage area under the rear seat.My amp will be mounted on my sub box behind the drivers side rear seat.Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's actually a pretty painless process. Just pop off the running boards and run it alongside the factory wiring under the carpet. A coat hanger works well for pullng through tight places. Good luck.

oh, and i'd use about 17 ft. RCA's

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh and one more question.I am trying to figure out what size components to use up front.How in the world are people getting 6.5s in the doors?Also there is very little mounting depth on my trooper.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have my door panels off now.The diameter of the opening in the panel itself,or at least in my trooper is barely over 6inches.I have found quite a few options as far as shallow mount componets and I can use up to 1/2" spacers its just the diameter thats the problem.I really dont want to have to go with 5.25s because I would like a little more mid bass.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Been a long time since I did speaker work, but 6.5" should refer to outside diameter of speakers. Since you generally have a 1/4" or more of metal ring that doesn't go through openeing, but instead sits on top of it, to hold it above the surface, 6.5" speakers in a n opening just over 6" sounds just right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.