Isuzu SUV Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok, here it is1 Finally got her all fixed up. Just checked it a few minutes ago and no leaks! Woo hoo! Would have gotten it done sooner but you know how it is around here, trying to work with kids running around. I have been taking some time to help Tommy with his engine repair too which he also finished up yesterday. Here's a couple photos to finish off the post. One of the housing after its reinstalled, one of the oil pressure gauge (working :D ) and one of me getting ready to put the new gasket on. My husband took that one for me and kinda cut my head off but at least you can see the parts getting clean! A great big thank you to everyone for helping me figure this out!

Also, if anyone has or comes across a non-oil cooled filter housing anywhere lmk, I want to buy one and put it in my parts box. I found a couple issues with this one and its ok for now but at some point, id like to replace it with one that's in better shape. I also need to clip the wiring plug for the long sensor that hooks to the sender for the oil light since mine is broken and it's not repairable. So, if you all have a trooper roll into your local parts yard, hit me up!

Attachments

Reactions: BLOODstorm

·
Registered
291 Posts
Woooo Hoooo!!!!...way to go buddie!!...know that gauge working makes ya happy!!...lol...I'm glad I stopped by yesterday, and glad I COULD, stop by in my Trooper on its maiden voyage...lol...got the timing set with the light, it was a pain...the dist moved every time i tried to tighten the bolt, so i am about 4 degrees off factory spec...but it runs good!!...see what it does to miledge, lol...got spring bushings and rear caliper ordered last nite, maybe take an afternoon and put that and new brake cables on all at the same time...can I get some help?...lol

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
FirstGenTrooperGirl said:
Ok, here it is1 Finally got her all fixed up.
Outstanding, way to go Angela! I read through the saga with Tommy's Trooper, you guys are doing fantastic work! :thumbup: Anything left on yours to attend to before Uwharrie, or is it ready for some trails? :mrgreen:

Jonathan

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
shaggydoink said:
Ok, here it is1 Finally got her all fixed up.
Outstanding, way to go Angela! I read through the saga with Tommy's Trooper, you guys are doing fantastic work! :thumbup: Anything left on yours to attend to before Uwharrie, or is it ready for some trails? :mrgreen:

Jonathan
Im sure hoping she's gotten all her blow-ups out of the way now. I have been working hard on getting the maintenance caught up, and then in the past couple of weeks had to fix a dragging brake (all four wheels got brand new brake systems now), a locked up alternator bearing and then she started running like poo poo quite suddenly and found the worst looking distributor cap Ive ever seen so she got a tune up too. I need to see if I still have that thing so I can post a picture. I honestly don't see how the truck was running at all! Just goes to show ya how tough they are. All I have left in parts box is a brand new set of shocks and the other four leaf spring bushings for the drivers side. Hopefully those will get on sometime next week. I plan to finish my paint spruce up today and then im taking a much-needed break for a couple of days.

I am super excited about getting her off road a little bit. I really want to see how she handles. This is my new Trooper. My first Trooper that I had was the 4ZE1 5speed and we logged a lot of off road time together when we took her out west for a couple of years. We probably put a million dirt road miles on that truck across CO, UT, AZ NV and CA and I was always SO impressed with the way it handled. I got sick of replacing head gaskets on it though and so I bought this one when we came back home. I sure am hoping I like the V6 just as well!

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I sure am hoping I like the V6 just as well!
I've been blown away by how the V6 does off-road, my daughter has been able to do things with it even when it was completely stock that challenged other trucks with bigger "shoes", lifts, lockers, etc... although I'll give some of this credit to her, she's got mad skills! :mrgreen:

Jonathan

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
shaggydoink said:
I sure am hoping I like the V6 just as well!
I've been blown away by how the V6 does off-road, my daughter has been able to do things with it even when it was completely stock that challenged other trucks with bigger "shoes", lifts, lockers, etc... although I'll give some of this credit to her, she's got mad skills! :mrgreen:

Jonathan
LOL You trained her well! Troopers are awesome. I still giggle a little to myself every time I remember pulling out a full size 4X4 Dodge that was stuck in the snow on a Colorado forest road with my little 4 cyl. it was awesome! LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thx for all of your pics, info, and trouble shooting.
I picked up a '94 rodeo 3.2L V6 at auction over the summer. I don't know the first thing about Isuzus. After doing an oil change it sprang an oil leak. I think, like yours, it is coming from behind the housing, also. This is the first info of any kind i could find on the subject. Unfortunately, now i'm getting the dreaded lifter noise from the passenger side.
Thx again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know this is an OLD topic but I’ve got a leaking line in the same area (see photo). Anyone know where I can find a replacement? Thanks gang!

Thx for all of your pics, info, and trouble shooting.
I picked up a '94 rodeo 3.2L V6 at auction over the summer. I don't know the first thing about Isuzus. After doing an oil change it sprang an oil leak. I think, like yours, it is coming from behind the housing, also. This is the first info of any kind i could find on the subject. Unfortunately, now i'm getting the dreaded lifter noise from the passenger side.
Thx again.
Light Motor vehicle Vehicle Gas Auto part
Light Motor vehicle Vehicle Gas Auto part

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Those are the factory oil cooler lines for the OEM "Towing package". Because they are 30 years old, they are leaks waiting to happen. the best cure is finding the RARE oil filter adapter off a 91-92 V-6 Rodeo or 89-91 V-6 Trooper (GM 3.1 or 2.8 engines) that did not have the tow package.
Beyond that, removing the hoses and having a hyrdaulic shop (heavy equipment type place or even a Goodyear Rubber store) make you some new hoses - cost me about 100.00 per hose 10+ years ago. The other problem with this is the aluminum part of it can vibrate and crack (this was another 100.00 to have a welding shop repair that. Dennis

21 - 29 of 29 Posts