Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
93 Amigo w/2.3 engine and manual trans.

I've been chasing an oil leak and find that when I start the car in the morning, oil sprays out from the small hose connected to the fuel pump.
The hose hangs down from the pump next to the motor mount. It looks like a vent maybe?? Very messy under there so I can't get a good look at it. My book has no pictures and only mentions the inlet and outlet connections. Only leaks when the engine is cold. End of hose feels like it is pulsing when the engine is running. Any help please.

·
Registered
68 Posts
your pump is bad my brutha...mine did the exact same thing>put a new one on and leak was gone!!!

·
Registered
4,676 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Another vote for the bad pump. Been there and done that. Getting at the pump is a challenge, but replacing it is the only solution.

·
Registered
68 Posts
it sure is fun getting to the pump, the manual calls for intake manifold removal but with the right tools and some patience you can do it without removing the intake...all you need is some ingenuity!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.