Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a v6 3.2L 2000 Rodeo and would like to know which is the best sounding muffler for a good price, i want better gas mileage and i want it to sound deep and not too loud inside. I was a nice deep hum/roar when i drive.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
The flowmaster 80 series is a good not too loud muffler.

I have the Dynomax Ultra flo Welded muffler on my 2.6 and I love it.

The best muffler out there as far as power increase is the power vault. It was originally designed for the VX but it's the same engine. They have dyno proven a hp increase of 20 hp. Now this does not come without some noise. Personally, I like the tone it puts out, and it sounds the best of all I've heard at idle and WOT.

If Kelli ever lets me do anything else to hers I'll throw a PV muffler on hers.

Joe

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
I have heard the Powervault on VXs, and IMHO it is loud and ricey sounding. Some people like that, though.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
IMHO it is loud and ricey sounding.
I heard Tad's on his supercharged VX and I didn't think rice at all. It's got a nice deep tone. No high pitch coffe can on a 4 cylinder sound.

Exhaust sounds are just as opinionated as shock recommendations. It's something you need to hear yourself to know.

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.