Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting different answers, Isuzu in the UK told me 5/30 today, but i cant find any? Will 10/40 do instead as it'sd listed by *all* the aftermarket oil companies??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Big_Nige,

I have a 3.1td also & I use 10/40 turbo oil and it works just fine. The oil is designed to cope with temperatures way below zero and way above. That external starting temps obviously the oil thins as it gets warmer hence the drop in oil pressure after the engine is warm.

10/40 turbo will be fine

Hope it helps :D

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Because of the extreme temps in the turbo, I'd be tempted to run some kind of Synthetic. 10w40 should be a good weight though. Does your owners manual say what is recommended? Also be sure to let the turbo cool down if you've been driving hard and park it.

-Tad

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tad said:
Because of the extreme temps in the turbo, I'd be tempted to run some kind of Synthetic. 10w40 should be a good weight though. Does your owners manual say what is recommended? Also be sure to let the turbo cool down if you've been driving hard and park it.

-Tad
I'm using a decent quality semi-synthetic 10/w40. I intend to change oil & filter every 3000 miles

·
Registered
823 Posts
Also, I dontknow if you can get it there, but I have always run Shell Rotella, its great in turbo diesels, and I have never had a problem with it.

Just a sugestion..

Chase

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was just at the Canadian Tire store and saw 5w-50 oil. Sounds like it covers all the bases. Good for cold starts and can handle high temps, resisting oil burning. I'm still under warranty so I'm sticking to 5w-30 until its over. I saw a auto repair show on tv and the local expert claimed that with all the engines he has repaired the ones that used 10w-30 had less wear than the ones that used 5w-30. My mechanic use to put 10w-30 oil in my mini-van in the spring and summer and in the fall and winter he would put in 5w-30.

Someone just posted a message on one of the Isuzu boards that he eliminated his oil burning problem by using Quaker State high mileage 10w-40 oil. He claimed he used half a quart in 3000 miles.

2000 Rodeo

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.