Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m restoring my purchased new 1990 V6 trooper slowly but surely and have a list of parts that I am trying to find new that can’t find here. I fly imternationally for an airline and have had some luck over the years finding new parts in South America countries where the trooper was sold under different brand, such as other countries. I fly to Asia, South & Central America, Europe. I was in New Zealand last week but all the current Isuzu dealers only sold the big trucks and could not order car parts.…. I’m there again next week and will try making more calls. I tried calling a dealer in Japan but my Japanese is non existence (took wood shop in high school instead) and will try again next trip. I expect this may be my best bet. I’ll likely try to get a flight to Australia as tpI understand their Holden brand was popular and continued after 1991. There seems to be new parts listed in Indonesia byput we don’t fly there.

So, anyone know what other nations the 1st gens were sold in after 1991 That may be worth trying?

·
Super Moderator
98 Rodeo, 4JB1-TC
3,010 Posts
As far as I know, production ended globally pretty much at the same time. There are no 95 first gens for example.

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
think 92 was the last year of the 1st gens, kind of a carry over till the new model was released world wide.

·
Registered
404 Posts
For items you're having a hard time with you might try isuzupartscenter.com. There's a guy there named Scott that's helped me out and others on here. And there's Jerry Lemond, retired Isuzu Company tech instructor, who has connections as well as a lot of parts of his own, contact him using all caps and larger font to help hem read, at [email protected]. He's in Dacula(Atlanta), GA.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Maybe post your parts needs list here (in classifieds?) and see if anyone has the parts for sale. There are people on this forum (Shawn Anthony, for instance) that have most/many parts available.

·
Registered
190 Posts
thanks for advice. I spoke with both Jerry and Scott and part not available in US and need a new part as it's a rubber window seal. I just landed New Zealand and going to make some calls to the Isuzu dealers around here

·
Registered
10,261 Posts
I believe that Shawn was talking about having a batch of the window seals custom made, but there wasn't enough SERIOUS interest at the time. Dennis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts