Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get some spacers onto my '99 Trooper. I know I could get some Toyota spacers off eBay, but are there preferred brands that I should be looking at instead?

I'm currently committed to my Axiom wheels, which don't have a great off-set for protecting the manual hubs, so I'm not going to change wheels at this time. Just looking for recommendations on spacers.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
They are such a basic part I don't think there are any good or bad brands. Anyone with a CNC mill can make them in no time. Personally I would get steel if they are available. But as long as you are using aluminum wheels and not steel then even aluminum spacers will be ok. If you had a steel-aluminum-steel sandwich you would get a lot of galvanic corrosion. Having steel-aluminum-aluminum should be fine. Use a coat of antisieze where the aluminum and and steel touch.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll use the antisieze when I take everything back off to put in the lock tight. That's not a terrible idea, but we don't do that on the back of the aluminum wheels in the first place. Or so you?

·
Registered
760 Posts
i put a smear of anti-seize on the troopers oem wheels (after cleaning them ! ) so they dont stick to the hubs.....
i do the same on my suzuki steel wheels, they are hub-centric and fit very tight....

i have had to use a 12 lb hammer, to DESTROY a wheel on a car, to get the wheel off...aluminum on steel.... :evil:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts