Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fixing to repack my front bearings and I was wondering whether to go with OEM or other grease products. Also where can I buy new bearings (if required) other than the stealership?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I don't know what the factory used to use for their grease, but whatever you use, make sure you clean it out really good. I use red grease myself and I've not really got any complaints. New bearings you can probably get at just about any auto parts store near you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mobil1. I'm a big fan of nearly all Mobil1 lubes. I paid $4.xx/tube instead of $2.xx for 'regular' grease.

You can get 3rd party bearings anywhere. My local NAPA had them in stock. If yours doesn't, they can get them in a day or two. Chances are that at least one of the local parts stores in your area has them on the shelf.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i used high temp bearing grease for my hubs earlier, since then i havent heard that ticking noise like i had before while four-wheeling.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I used Quaker state synthetic NGLI 2 rated bearing grease. No complaints. I don't think the brand name matters as much the rating. If you use lesser than a NGLI 2 grease (I hope I have those initials right) You are going to ruin your wheel bearings.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.