Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a guy's stockpile of spares a few years back, part of it included some airbags from a low rider. They are about 4" tall not aired up, not sure about the total height when fully aired, will need to check.

What I was thinking is swapping the lift pucks and springs that I currently have with two of the airbags and going back to my stock springs. I figure the ride might be a little softer and with the coil springs still in place. I would still have good flex on the trail. I might even be able to add a removable solid mount to make it air ride only for the street. With the way I sometimes overload my truck, I could just add extra air to compensate for any sag.

Really just brain storming the idea and would like some input.

Is stacking an airbag on top of a coil a bad idea? I don't feel that it would be but would like to hear what others think.

Has it been done before? I know Land Rovers are air ride but they are air bags only right?

Any opinions or feedback?

Additional ideas?

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
I don't think I'd want to put air bags on top of coils, or coils on top of air bags.

Now coils, in addition to airbags... (Mounted in separate locations.) THAT I would try.

When you figure out how tall those are when aired up, let me know.

I might be interested in some if they come with the brackets.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.