1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
tacos tonite :mrgreen: and negra modello...baby :drunken:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
half priced coronas at a club in town, but the best part is also college night, can you say drunk college girls?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My drinking holidays know no boundrys be it racial or geographical. A drinks a drink no matter where your from.

TOP TEN DRINKING HOLIDAYS PER CHICAGO TRIBUNE

1. St. Patrick's Day (United States, Ireland)
2. Carnival (Brazil)
3. Oktoberfest (Germany)
4. Cinco de Mayo (Puebla, Mexico)
5. Halloween (United States)
6. Purim (Israel)
7. Fourth of July (United States)
8. Mardi Gras (United States)
9. New Year's Eve (various countries)
10. Christmas (various countries).

Let y'all know when the odd one rolls around.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Only day ever year I will go for margaritas!! Good stuff, but none of that dressing, just throw it in a liquor glass with ice, please :)

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
i celebrated by nailing my final lab exam in my suspension and alignment class :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
4. Cinco de Mayo (Mexico)
Not entirely true. Its celebrated much more in the US then in Mexico. In Mexico its really only celebrated in the state of Puebla.

In the state of Puebla, the date is observed to commemorate the Mexican army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza Seguín. Contrary to widespread popular belief, Cinco de Mayo is not Mexico's Independence Day, the most important national patriotic holiday in Mexico, which occurs on September 16th.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
If you need an excuse to drink, theres the anual Ati-atihan festival (Filipino Mardi gras) in the Philippines.
It last a week, and ends on the 3rd Sunday of January. Its a full week of drinking all day and night, with lots of entertainment and street bands.
Mainly celebrated largely in the southern islands. Its pretty awesome. I never been plastered in the day time before. :lol:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well. if you've never been plastered during the day come down south next St Pattys. There's a race at 8am and the finish line points you straight to the beer tent. Nothing like running a few miles and pounding a beer!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Oh I have been plastered during the day. I went to that festival in 2010!
The hot humid tropical weather kind of kills the feeling. But at least you can join in on the street dancing without feeling like a fool. :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.