Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really odd. The gas gauge at full, is fine it sits on full. Starts goind down after about 30 miles or so. It'll start dipping down to 3/4 tank or so and bouncing back up towards full at a full stop. Bounces all over when driving. After about 100 miles, it will be down to empty with the light on. At about 120 the light is flashing like you are down to vapors. The tank is fine, not leaking or anything, fill up only takes about 8 gal's. MPG is normal. Bad, but normal bad. ;)

It's like the float in the tank is off or something, but fuel pickup is perfectly normal. Gas never cuts out, its only the gauge.

Ideas on parts and how to fix? It's not a major problem, but very unnerving.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I guess I should be checking out the wire again. I'm glad to see it's not totally off the wall, but I'm sure this isn't going to be cheap. May just have to deal with it and see if Isuzu steps up like they finally did on the ABS. Probably not since it isn't a safety issue though.

This sucks but a big thank you for the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.