Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, back with a mildly annoying situation with my ‘88 Trooper. When it rains I end up with a wet passenger side floor. Here’s a photo. Haven’t been able to locate where it’s coming in but I thought I’d pose the question here to see if anyone had a similar issue that could point me in the right direction. Thanks all! It’s maybe running down whatever this thing is!?
Automotive tire Grey Gas Auto part Tints and shades

·
Registered
1990 Isuzu Trooper V6
34 Posts
I have same thing on my driver's side door, it's more obvious now that it's winter and it freezes overnight. I think mine is running down the rain gutter and into the firewall. I haven't looked into too much yet I've just left it.

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,222 Posts
Never had this on my 89, but would like to add this as a consideration. First choice would be the windshield gasket. But an overlooked place if your radio antenna is on the passenger fender is where the antenna wire enters the vehicle.

Reactions: NCEvets

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never had this on my 89, but would like to add this as a consideration. First choice would be the windshield gasket. But an overlooked place if your radio antenna is on the passenger fender is where the antenna wire enters the vehicle.
Automotive tire Automotive design Grey Car Rim

I could see that being the issue

·
Registered
156 Posts
Many threads over the years have solved this with removing the roof rack screws and placing a touch of silicone and replacing them.
Add that to the possibility list.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hey all, back with a mildly annoying situation with my ‘88 Trooper. When it rains I end up with a wet passenger side floor. Here’s a photo. Haven’t been able to locate where it’s coming in but I thought I’d pose the question here to see if anyone had a similar issue that could point me in the right direction. Thanks all! It’s maybe running down whatever this thing is!?
View attachment 121666
I had some cracks in the raingutter where it comes down next to the windshield. This caused a leak. I wirebrushed it clean, brushed on rust converter, filled the gaps with jb weld and then painted it. Another issue can be the windshield gasket, the antenna and sometimes you have to take a fender off, there is a seal between it and the body. It can be a pain in the butt to find it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just remembered. When you open the hood there are 3 little plates that can be opened/removed to get to the wiper linkage. One of them, I think passenger side, there will be a fresh air intake for the heating system. This is where outside air comes in. The hole has a little wall around it to keep water out. This may be dirty or full of leaves. Easy to check.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just remembered. When you open the hood there are 3 little plates that can be opened/removed to get to the wiper linkage. One of them, I think passenger side, there will be a fresh air intake for the heating system. This is where outside air comes in. The hole has a little wall around it to keep water out. This may be dirty or full of leaves. Easy to check.
I will check this thank you!

·
Registered
473 Posts
View attachment 121667
I could see that being the issue
Take garden hose and spray it into the rusty holes, and see if the floor is getting wet. Regardless, you must fix this or the rust will get worse and worse. You can scrape off the loose rust and JB weld that use the large tubes. Try to clean out any rust under the rubber strip. Looks like the corner rubber is separate piece

1 - 9 of 9 Posts