Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Troopers that leak water in the front floorboards in a heavy rain and before I start the search for the leaks I was wondering if anyone on here has had this problem and has a possible location for me to start with?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
One word: Windshield.

I can guarantee you it's the gasket. One way you can test this is to take a water hose and begin by pouring water starting at the bottom of the gasket, and checking inside in increments as you gradually work the water stream up the gasket.

The only real fix is to pull the windshield and replace the gasket. The first gen Trooper windshields don't have the sticky masting that other vehicles, and the windshield will practically pop out if done right.

Another quick fix is to squirt some silicone RTV under the gasket lip and try to fill the void that is allowing water in once you figure out where the leak actually is.

There were some good threads on windshield replacement over at the wire but I don't know if they are still there, but you can do a search.

http://www.4x4wire.com/isuzu

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Yup, I agree with Don on this one :) Check and seal the windshield gasket. I used a butter knife to carefully pry the gasket away from the windshield enough to get some good silicone in there. Be sure to check above the windshield. They sometimes rust or leak up there. Then the water can run down around the gasket and onto the floor.

-Tad

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I have a man coming to replace my windsheild and gasket later this week for "road damage" through my ins. co. and I will do some extra sealing while it is out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.