Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so someone asked if the heater pumps out as much heat as what the gauge shows and YES it does.... if I am only 1/4 from the left (the temp gauge) I am only getting warm heat. It takes a long time for my Rodeo to warm up even when I let it set for about 10 mins/ drive it for about 25+ miles, still shows only 1/4.... I keep asking because I really dont want to dive into taking that intake off and everything around it :/ I havent been that deep in yet lol It will get about half wich is the norm but not like it use too, I just dont want to screw something up and have it over heat from it giving me wrong readings

any help would be great
Thanks guys/gals

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
have you replaced the t-stat yet?

At 12yrs of age, it's definitely time for replacement if it's original, and so is the radiator. These radiators are typically only good for 7-10yrs, even if it *looks* good, doesn't mean it is.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
It is most likely the stat. Its sole responsibility is to regulate the coolant temperature. And your not so hot heater is good indication that it may be stuck open.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I have a different engine but my Pup took way to long to deliver heat, so I changed the t stat and that was the problem. I inspected the old stock one, it was made in 88 and was stuck open. But mine was extemely easy to get to. If you have one, take a lazer temp probe and "shoot" the t stat area or radiator hoses or heater core hoses and see what the temp is. Should be around 190 at the t stat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts