Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, new member -- longtime Trooper owner. My 89 with 235k runs like a top and is my pride & joy, also own a new 2004 f150 4x with 8" lift and all the bell & whistles, it does not hold a candle to the trooper on the trails.My winsheild washer just quit the other day and can't seem to find any reference to it in chilton or haynes manual, any ideas??. This is a great forum with a wealth of Info, love the how to articles!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Friends, Happy New Year! Regarding washer pump. My trooper when I bought it last year had a malfunctioning pump. It just didn't work. Heres what I did:

1. Remove the washer fluid reservoir. Pull it out and you will see the pump located in the very bottom.

2. I unplugged the pump and removed it from the reservoir. I soon realized the reason for pump failure was that the entire front end of hte truck on that corner had been burried in mud! So it has ruined the pump and mucked up the wiring.

3. I tested the pump on a 9v battery and nothing happened. It was dead. Then I had an assistant push the washer button inside the cab, and tested the wiring with a volt meter. It read 12 and was in good shape.

4. Now the problem was simply finding a replacement pump. I was travelling through El Paso, which happened to have some of the largest auto wreck yards I had ever seen! I stopped in, threw down 20 bucks, and got a new functioning pump. Wire it in, put everything back in the truck, and you are as good as new!

Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.