1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Qouted from http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... Nov26.html

Alexandria/Fairfax, Va.: Hi Warren!

Growing Family Needs More Seats

What are your thoughts on the new Isuzu Ascender with seats for 7? (Is it the same as Trailblazer EXT?)

What safety concerns are there with the 3rd row?

Thanks, Warren!

Warren Brown: No, no, no on the Ascender.
You don't need an SUV or SUV wannabeee.
Take yourself over to Ford. Get a Freelander minivan. Be happy.

WHAT!!!! WHO DOES THIS GUY THINK HE IS??? First of all, the lady asked specifically about an SUV with more seats, not a minivan. And why no,no,no on the Ascender?? Its twin that offers less features, warranty, and a higher price won 2002 SUV of the year. That= great SUV, which the Ascender fully is. And "Go on over to Ford"? minivan? This is the auto anylyst for the Washingotn Post, onr of the nations leading newspapers? I put shame on any auto anylyst who recommends a ugly plasicky Ford Minivan over a great award winning luxurious SUV. We previously had a disguisting emerald green 1998 Ford Windstar and it sucked majorly. It was embarrasing and the plastic and cheap fabric inside broke and tore. I feel sorry for the kids who have to be dropped of at school in a Ford minivan,or any minivan. Shame on you, Warren Brown, you owe this woman and ISUZU an apology, and after this I will never have credit about anything you say or any opinion you give and hope you are fired expeditely.

AND ITS FREESTAR, NOT FREELANDER. AND YOURE THE AUTO ANYLYST MR BROWN!! you suck.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I dont like minivans. They are seriously the brain child of a crack adict (Leia Cocca in the 70s). So yeah i dont like them, and suvs can tow and haul stuff too :)
And arent Freelanders the new mini Rovers?

·
Registered
80 Posts
didn't you read the fine print at the bottom of the column? "This column sponsored by Ford Motor Company"
I wonder if Consumer Reports has reviewed an ascender yet, and what they might say about it versus what they'll say about the Trailblazer. I'll go check my back issues, as I haven't been keeping up on them lately.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the Freelander is LRs new small SUV but he said go get a Frod minivan, which is the Freestar. He just mixed them up like a DA and he sucks anyway. I hate Ford, and minivans, so the Freestar sucks majorly. And yeah, where do these reveiwers get this crap. In my consumer reports auto guide they go so negative on the Ascender, dwelling on how the Tooper was "oudated" and "limited to 5 seats" and supposedly underpowered. Then they say it handles bad and at the end it says they have not yet tested one. They did test its twins, but they need to be more concises and positive. Then they bash the Rodeo, Axiom, and Rodeo Sport. Also, the GMC Envoy won the "best buy" of the category. The Ascender is the exact same as the Envoy evcept w/ more features and more warranty. Why didnt it get best buy. If it doesnt get best buy and one of its more expensive/less equipped/less warranted twins does, there will be hell to pay for them!!! It just makes sense that the Ascender should get "best buy" of them. And if the Trailblazer gets it, boy i'll be mad. It is a downgraded version of the Envoy/Ascender. Its interior is grey plastick and not even any wood trim!!!! I love my Ascenders wood trim!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.