Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After now seeing me purchase TWO Isuzus, both of them at amazingly fair prices, my boss has asked me to scare-up one for her to use to cart her two preschoolers around (particularly in winter). --- Where she lives is so difficult to get in and out of, last year I recovered one or the other of her two vehicles THREE TIMES... She needs a 4-wheel-drive, on a decent set of tires.

Seeking:

--- Good, reliable, turn-key transportation / physical appearance is secondary to being mechanically sound (no project rigs).
--- Preferably a "southern" vehicle (no rust buckets, please).
--- Preferably a 4-door, but not necessarily.
--- Preferably $2000 or less (but possibly could go more for the right vehicle).
--- Preferably located within a reasonable distance of southern West Virginia / southwest Virginia (250/300-or-so miles).

I'm going to be searching CL and eBay, myself, but I figured the more eyes that are on this, the better...

Thanks!

Cheers!
Smiley

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
So I reckon you're talking 1st gen?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
My Rodeo.

Starts and Fires every time. Getting a new clutch here soon. Came from Virginia, frame is really clean. Has the 98+ Center console upgrade (cupholders), 4 doors, A/C, power windows, locks, mirrors.

I really need to trade it though. For a second gen trooper with lower miles. Because I am 6'5" and the Rodeo just isn't working out. I don't even have a Trooper lined up yet Smiley. But anymore questions on it, ask. I can provide you with them and keep you updated.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
94Rodayo4x4 said:
I am 6'5" and the Rodeo just isn't working out.
Now you know why I stick with Troopers...Rodeos, Amigos, VXs, none have enough headroom. I am "only" 6'3", but am long torso.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
BigSwede said:
94Rodayo4x4 said:
I am 6'5" and the Rodeo just isn't working out.
Now you know why I stick with Troopers...Rodeos, Amigos, VXs, none have enough headroom. I am "only" 6'3", but am long torso.
Long Torso and Long legs. And my wingspan is 6'7" :shock:

·
Registered
734 Posts
I've got a 1st Gen that I could part with. But I'm in Birmingham, AL

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
94Rodayo4x4 said:
My Rodeo.
Ya know, I never even thought to ask if she can drive a straight. --- I'll check with her about that tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Smiley said:
94Rodayo4x4 said:
My Rodeo.
Ya know, I never even thought to ask if she can drive a straight. --- I'll check with her about that tomorrow.
Any other question's, Shoot me a PM. Feel free.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
94Rodayo4x4 said:
Smiley said:
94Rodayo4x4 said:
My Rodeo.
So what are you gonna drive ?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Selador said:
94Rodayo4x4 said:
Smiley said:
94Rodayo4x4 said:
My Rodeo.
So what are you gonna drive ?
I got a buddy with an 07 Beamer that will take me anywhere just so he can drive the thing. :lol:

Smiley couldn't take it away until it was repaired, or else I wouldn't feel comfortable selling it to him. :wink:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
And I am replacing the Rodeo, hopefully, with a Trooper. I need low miles for college soon, and the legroom. Badly.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
Smiley, what about that certain white rodeo you have...... ;) that should go cheap with the scratch and dent sale....lol

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lowzone said:
Smiley, what about that certain white rodeo you have...... ;) that should go cheap with the scratch and dent sale....lol
Were it not for a certain White Rodeo's frame rot and multiple structural fractures, I would have had no need to add to the family fleet... as it stands (barely) on its own four tires, I do believe that I have finally come to terms with the fact that my beloved First Isuzu is now nothing more than a spare parts & future scrap metal/salvage project. --- But, before the vultures begin to circle, let it be known, far and wide: not very many of its parts are going to end up on the open market -- mostly, they will be recycled to keep the rest of the fleet afloat (so to speak).

As to the subject at hand...
I should have word about her transmission preference by this evening.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
433 Posts
TrooperChris said:
I've got a 1st Gen that I could part with. But I'm in Birmingham, AL
That you could part with, or are going to part with? :)

I'm only a few hours away and I'm pretty sure I've convinced my wife that I need a 1st gen trooper.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Smiley,

Did she ever find a vehicle?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts